Tuesday, April 22, 2008

PROMPTuesday #1 - Making Writing Fun Again

My charming, delightful, creative friend San Diego Momma has begun providing writing prompts in her Blog every Tuesday. The goal is just to get juices flowing and make writing fun again. It's working for me. I'm having a blast and I know you will too.

Here's what she threw out at us for her very first PROMPTuesday prompt:

Write a nonsense poem. Make up words. Create silly sentences. Whatever. Just make it all a bunch of make believe and not making sense-it-ness.

I gave it a try, and my own efforts yielded a limerick. Must be the Irish in me.


I am old and my bones are all rickety.
I move slow and my joints go “crick-crickety”.
But when in my car,
I drive fast and far,
And hope the police don’t feel tickety.

No comments: