Tuesday, September 16, 2008

PROMPTuesday #22 - Writing Poetry

San Diego Momma's PROMPTuesday #22:

Today, write a poem including the following lines in any order:

“I tie a ribbon in a foolish way”
“The delicious fragility of this travesty”
“Where we still laugh and wish”

(Prompt courtesy of CreativeWritingPrompts)

Okay, here we go.  Quick and dirty per request.

I walk this street a lifetime ago
Where we still laugh and wish
For a future we would never know
Once  promised in a kiss

A sun bleached boardwalk a lifetime ago
With ribbons in my hair
Skipping barefoot as I throw
Rose petals in the air

Here again a sunny day
My mind too tired to wander
I tie a ribbon in a foolish way
Skip the boardwalk in your honor

The delicious fragility of this travesty
Not lost to the observant
Abandon is my majesty
And I her humble servant

4 comments:

Jen said...

I declare this my favorite.

Joanie said...

Well done, Cocktail!

Da Goddess

San Diego Momma/Two Funny Brains said...

The last stanza especially. Yes.

Quick and dirty it may be, but you'd never know it to read it.

tinsenpup said...

I can only agree. That was great, especially that last stanza. You do quick and dirty poetry really well.