Saturday, August 16, 2008

Mini-Vacation

Weekends.

I believe, that as much as circumstances allow, each and every weekend should be embraced as the mini-vacation it is. My husband, on the other hand is rather more industrious than I think one ought to be between 5pm Friday and 10pm on Sunday. I understand that there are always things that need doing for which our workaday lives often do not leave room. Typically such tasks involve pruning shears, paintbrushes, and. . . uh-oh! I do believe I just heard a saw outside.

I am afraid to check. I don't want to get involved.

After all, it's Saturday, it's very hot, and I'm on a mini-vacation.

At least for as long as I can get away with it.

If you need me, I'll be on the sofa with a pillow behind my back, an iced coffee and a good book. I say that, of course, hoping you won't need me.

2 comments:

Joanie said...

welcome to the blogosphere! So glad I get to dig into your archives. I love your writing.

Da Goddess

Cocktail Maven said...

Thank you, Joanie! I have enjoyed following your PROMPTuesdays and lurking on your blog. Also, as a collector of opening sentences, I have to say that "My pretzel has an extra twist in it. I'm taking that as a good sign," ranks among my all-time favorites.

-- Da Maven ;D