Friday, August 15, 2008

You Saw It Here First: Georgia Bigfoot Cocktail

So, in honor of today’s inconclusive press conference around the suspected bogus Georgia Bigfoot story, I am inventing a cocktail to both mourn his demise and celebrate my hopes for future legitimate breakthroughs in Bigfoot cryptozoology. I think the occasion calls for something BIG and STRONG and, of course, involving peaches.

You know, Georgia? Peaches?

Onwards.

First, let us begin with a base that is distinctly southern and quintessentially American:
  • 1 jigger Kentucky Bourbon (I like Maker’s Mark)
Next, of course, the peaches . . . Nothing too girly, because we want those rough and rugged Georgia mountain types to drink this too. Let’s try:
  • 1 jigger Peach Brandy
There you go! I think we’re on the right track. Three solid ounces of alcohol sounds big and strong to me. What’s missing? Ah, yes! Bitters to represent the bitterness of my disappointment once the Georgia Bigfoot is debunked.
  • 2 dashes of bitters
And finally, let’s throw in some Ginger Ale to make the cocktail nice and refreshing after a hard day of Bigfoot hunting. Putting it all together, we have:

The Georgia Bigfoot Cocktail
Fill a highball glass half way with crushed ice. Add:
1 jigger of Kentucky Bourbon
1 Jigger of Peach Brandy
2 Dashes of bitters
Top off with Ginger Ale, stir and enjoy!

VARIATIONS:

The Canadian Sasquatch
There are many reported sightings of such creatures in British Columbia as well. Substitute Canadian Whiskey for the Kentucky Bourbon and drink a toast to our northern neighbors.

The Hairy Bigfoot/Hairy Sasquatch
If the original is still not manly enough for you, you might like the burn on this version. Simply skip the Ginger Ale and serve it in a double glass. Works either neat or on the rocks according to your preference. Then go get your back waxed.

The French Pedicure
For the more genteel I've devised a this Champagne Cocktail version that is also quite tasty:
Drop a sugar cube in the bottom of a champagne flute and add
2 dashes of bitters
1 Jigger of Peach Brandy
Fill glass with chilled champagne

Cheers!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found you through San Diego Momma, and may I be the first to say: I. need. one. of. these. now. Seriously.

Welcome to the blogosphere!

Anonymous said...

You are genius! And being a true southern belle myself, a born and bred Georgia in fact, I found this hillarious. Kudos!

Knit Geek said...

Can I get that in an IV?

San Diego Momma said...

I'm putting my order in for a Hairy Sasquatch at book club next week.

Thanks.